Friday 1 April 2011

Something Different

  Sorry to disappoint but I'm afraid that the title of this blog is indicating that this is something different for myself; regularly recording my thoughts is something I have wanted to do for many reasons for some time, but have never done. This blog and every post in it will be something for myself; I write because it makes me happy to be granted a medium through which I can communicate with the world and they can communicate with me.
  Another potentially disappointing point now I'm afraid; I've never been good with coming up with names... For anything... Because of this, the title of my blog may well not entirely reflect its content, but I guess only time will tell that, as I have no planned topics for discussion, simply to come on here and ramble; giving my opinion on matters where I have no place to have an opinion (as I'm sure many other people on here do), for that is what is great about this world we live in; while I on the most part think that the general beliefs of society as a whole are moronic, I do believe that the right to freedom of speech is a very positive result of society.
  As you may well be able to tell, I've been having some difficulty with finishing my sentences as of late; throwing semicolons and colons in damn near every line, with full stops scarcely dotted around the place. But this isn't too important, for while my posts may be hard to follow, at least you don't have to sit there reading through a mess of spelling and grammatical errors (not that I don't make any, I just try not to) in order to be able to conclude what you think of my blog...
  So anyway, I've rambled and have yet to give my opinion on anything! But I assure you that this is merely an introductory post and in future I hope to not go on about such things...
  Something which I've found to really grind my gears recently (ooh Family Guy reference, I must be a funny guy) is the popularity of the song Friday by Rebecca black. Sure, it aint a great song, but there's far worse ones out there, some of which are listened to by many of the people who slag her off so freely without a second thought. I mean, come on, the girl can't be much older than thirteen! I'm sure that at her age none of you could have got seventy million views on youtube for whatever reason... But all of this can be forgiven; people hate all the time on people who don't deserve it. What really gets me though is just how much this joke has been run into the ground; the song's been parodied in the last few weeks more than many songs will ever be, people have ironically bought it, listened to it, sang it everywhere! It's not being clever and different in pretending to like a poor song, it's just prolonging the hopefully short life of this meme...

No comments:

Post a Comment